Friday, May 27, 2016

Finally Friday

5/27/16

Well today certainly started out with big plans. It is finally Friday after an exhausting week of work and activities it was our first free afternoon since we arrived two Sundays ago. The plan, was to go to lunch at an authentic Peruvian place, and then go paragliding. Weather report checked out to be sunny and we had a nice group of people ready for lunch and to watch the few who were ready to take the jump off the Miraflores cliffs strapped only to a stranger holding a giant piece of plastic. 

Lunch was fantastic we had a wholesome group of 11 people (Ally, Anna, Kate, Bree, Carson. Annie, Kat, Gaby, Vicky, Daria, and myself) ready to chow down on the best food at Punto Azul a seafood restaurant around the corner form El Sol. It was a bit of work but once we got a table and ordered the whole meal was just a bunch of fun. We all talked around the table and ate a wide variety of delicious food. For Me I had the spicy house Mixed Ceviche with both fish and shellfish, with a Mangojito, and finished off with a Suspiro de LimaƱa. The other dishes mixed from a risotto with shrimp, pasta with calamari and squid ink, and some home made pesto. Everything was delicious. After we split the check we all went our separate ways agreeing to meet at Parque de Amor for the one thing I've been waiting for since we got here... Paragliding. 

To keep it short, it didn't happen. By the time I arrived with Daria to the Parque it was 3pm and the clouds had already rolled in. After waiting an hour and a half to get hooked up and tied to a parachute the wind had become too weak and the day so late the gliders were ready to pack it in. I'll admit I was a little disappointed but maybe this was a blessing in disguise. After all now I can do it on a sunny day when I can see for miles and watch the waves tumble beneath me. 

I sure feel bad for my host mother because she makes me dinner most nights and I on occasion forget to tell her that I am getting food out in the city. I then return home and there is a plate, a side, and a slice of cake always sitting on the table and I am usually too full to eat any of it. For dinner tonight I met up with Moises my friend that met in a hostel in LA with Sarah Barnhart. He took me to this Italian place, and as we talked catching up we chowed down on two pizzas, his with olives and ham, and mine with an assortment of shellfish and calamari. I really miss the guy, its fun to know someone here from outside of the trip and because we are both gay I can get the real deal on the gay culture here in Peru and Lima. I invited him out with our group tomorrow when we go to a dancing show so hopefully we will get a little bit more time to catch up while there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment