Friday, June 3, 2016

Full, Wet, and Pierced

6.3.16

TGIF or rather GDEV (gracias dios esta viernes)

Today has been a long time coming after an exhausting week in class and getting to know the women at UNIFE. While I loved the experience I can honestly say that a little break was needed and this met my needs perfectly. We started the day with going out to brunch at Crepes & Waffles a pastry restaurant around the corner from school were we had grammar class while munching on delicious Crepes & Waffles. I had El Crepe del Bosque or the Crepe of the Forrest, essentially a crepe filled with a variety of berries. The deal we made with our Spanish teacher was this, we could go out to brunch if we all arrived on time, had our homework done, and spoke on in Spanish. In the end we succeeded. We spent most of the meal talking about different circumstances in the future and what we would do in such situations. I hope we get the chance to make this a new tradition because I was a big fan.

After class everyone was buzzing to find plans for our free afternoon. A group of us went to Papachos a burger restaurant in a Hotel that makes some of the biggest and most delicious burgers we've had since we've been here. After Burger it was time of the long awaited surfing. John, Jake, Ralzaly, Bree, Kate, Ally, Lexi, and I swam out to sea with our rented boards and in our sticky surf suits ready to ride em. As with the case of most athletic activities I naturally assume I suck at them and this was no exception. Just getting my footings was a little difficult, and I mean on dry land not even on water. For anyone interested this is how you surf. Step one wait until your guide tells you to paddle. Step two: when he or she says paddle, paddle with your arms like a freestyle, step three despite whatever your mind is saying slowly plant your back foot on the board and push yourself up with your hands. Step five: kick your left foot around and bend your knees for balance. Step six: Ride that sucker. After about four runs I started to get it down but it was so tiring I was ready to take a break, but in the end I can say I rode the wave. Check that one off the bucket list.

After surfing our group met up with Nicole and Kat and we all went to a piercing parlor. Now since we've been here I have felt the need to do something new. At first I thought it was going to be a tattoo but today I filled that need by getting an industrial piercing. Yes it hurt like hell but I'm glad I did it. Now all there is to do is the aftercare. In the end our group had 4 nose piercings, 1 lobe, 1 rook, one cartilage, and then my industrial.

It was quite a day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment