Thursday, June 2, 2016

I swear I have some rhythm

6/2/16

Today I am making a pledge to get up and out of bed at 8am and not a minute later for the rest of the trip. My reasoning for this, I'm tired of always being late to class to the point where I have developed a small reputation. Now I'm never more than a few minutes late but it would be great to not have to get dressed and pack for school between bites of breakfast. Plus tomorrow our grammar class is getting waffles and pankakes but only if we all arrive on time. Maybe I'll set my alarm for 7 and go for the run I have always wanted to do, or maybe I'll fly to the moon who knows. Also weather permitting it is finally the day I get to go parasailing. Hopefully Daria and I will get our chance to fly over the green cliffs of Miraflores.

Today was probably the best day at UNIFE because we started our culture exchange portion outside in the grass. The weather was perfect as we split up into groups of 16 (8 Peruvians and 8 Americans) and just talked about our different cultures and lives. We ended the day learning the Salsa which I have to admit I was pretty nervous about. I can safely say I have no rhythm but our instructor broke it down really simple for us. In the end I learned that the simplest salsa is just three steps and it is done in one of the cardinal directions.  Now that I think about it, the dance is pretty similar to the hookie-pookie, all you do is stick a leg out and then back. It definitely made the those showy spins really easy in practice. I just have to remember uno...dos...tres...cinco...seis...siete.

No comments:

Post a Comment