Monday, June 13, 2016

Last Day!


6/11/16

Today was the last full day in Lima. I’ve been saying it for the last couple blog posts but the idea remains, I’m sad to leave. Today I woke up early enough to greet Marta for the last time and Nora had gotten up just to see me. From then I spent the morning packing up in my 8x8 corner of the world in the center of their house. Around 1pm Alvero and I joined Nora in the Central commercial at my favorite seafood restaurant.  Lunch was decadent with a pitcher of chicha and ceviche and lovely weather, I felt like it couldn’t have been a more perfect day. After lunch we had to handle a suitcase debacle. The day before I had bought a suitcase with Vicky to help pack all the gifts I had bought (mostly just bottles of pisco and wine), however the one I bought was too small. Now I bought it from Wongs so initially we tried to return it to the one near our house, but because it was a unique style it couldn’t be done. So later that afternoon I biked down to Larco to return my bike and then meet Nora at the Wongs near Parque Kennedy. About 2 hours later success and I walked out with a much bigger and new bag. I ended the afternoon with a hair cut to look sharp for our big dinner evening, and finished up packing with the help of Alvero, Nora, and Alvero’s girlfriend.


Dinner was beautiful at Rosa Nautica, out off a peer into the ocean. We went lead into our own room which half a wall of windows and a full spread of silverware set up. From the menu I had, a little bit of pisco sour, some marinated shrimp, a sea bass on a rock, and a Lucama suspiro. The shrimp was definitely the best of all the courses and I was happy to talk it over with Daria and Annie, fellow foodies near by.  Before the main course was served we were visited by the ex president of Peru who talk us a great deal about the changing world and an increase in diversity. His speech ran a little wrong and depending on who you talk to in Lima he was either a so-so president or a babbling drunk. In the end I listened and laughed at his comical comments and after he left got down to the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment