Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Gastronomia and Presentations

6/7/16

Back to school today and I have to admit it was fun getting back in the swing of things. Over the course of this trip I can definitely tell my ability to understand Spanish has improved, which I'm content with because it was a goal from the beginning. El Sol school went well as today we finally got into the subjunctive, which is about where I left off in High school. It isn't nearly as complicated as I remembered and while I can see where there is a lot of learning to do, it is all basic memorization.

In UNIFE we had two lectures and then time for our presentations. The first lecture was about the current political climate of Peru with discussions on the two running candidates that had just been voted on by the country PPK, and Keiko. Unfortunately it was a little hard to keep up with the lecture because our professor talks very fast but I did understand some of the other important information like the current problems like child poverty and lack of education. The second lecture was on gastronomy. The professor brought in about 10 samples of foods for us to observe and try. Before the sampling portion of the class we watched a powerpoint explaining why Lima is the food capital of the continent. The reason being that Lima pulls influences on its cuisine from many different cultures mainly being, creole, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, and the various indigenous cultures of Peru's different regions.

No comments:

Post a Comment